Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Challenge....


OK we haven't seen a roadrunner since the last posting and of course the kids have moved on - we will have to revisit the roadrunner theme at a later date.

I have always wondered if there was SOMETHING that I could do with all these darn plastic grocery bags that keep collecting around here. Since we don't have recycling out in the boonies - I thought for sure I could think of something creative right???

Well Maverick uses them for kites and parachutes - and I have to say - they work pretty well - especially on a windy day! I cannot tellyou how many times he was entertained at soccer or track practice by a simple plastic grocery bag!

Anyway - I found this link this morning - and I am sooo going to have to try this: gooseflesh: Plastic bag Yarn now how cool is that??? Anyone wanna try it?!
OK THEN I went a hunting and found this: Triumph International Japanese Bra that Lives Double Life as Bag - bLavish ok WHO wants to try this one out??? LOL
Ok I could be online all day finding stuff for this challenge - but somebody has to take care of these kids of mine!!
Anyway - my challenge to anyone who is out there reading - What creative things can you think of to do with those darn plastic grocery bags???????


4 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

LOL! I'm so willing to try to do something with them...I wanted to make a "rag rug" with them..my DH thinks I'm nuts...maybe I'll give it a go!

oh yeah..the bra...let me know how it works for you...rotflmao!!
ps I've been listening to Jack this week...so loving it!!

Kari said...

If you try the bra...there better be pics!!!!hahaha...
My dear grandmother...who lived through the depression, did great things with her bags...she folded them into tiny squares and stacked them in boxes..like files and there they stayed until we cleaned out the garage....1000's of tiny neatly folded bags!
we use ours for pooper scoopers when travelling.

Garden State Kate said...

Tag! You are it!

AmySue said...

Hey Kate - how do you make the rag rugs???