Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ramblings...


I don't know about you guys, but this whole kidnapping thing makes me nuts! I never wanted to be the Mom who watched over her kids like a hawk. Bt how can I not be that person? What if I took that chance and sent the boys to play in the front yard alone - for even 5 minutes - and they disappeared!!?? Things like that go through my head all the time! I will find myself running to pee as fast as I can so the boys aren't out of earshot or eyeshot for that matter! Why should I have to worry about my kids in OUR OWN backyard!!?? Oh heck - I still check on them in the middle of the night to make sure all is well. I think I saw too many made-for-TV movies in the 80's and 90's. THEN having a special needs child just makes it THAT much harder! Mav doesn't get WHY he has to stay close or WHY he cannot just go home with that stranger. I know that is why I am here - to keep him and his Bubba safe - plus I think - if all my worrying keeps them secure and able to enjoy THIER childhood - then it's worth it. Right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is absolutly worth it!!!!!

Garden State Kate said...

Oh yes it is sooo worth it!!
I'm right there with you Amy Sue-
my DH thinks I am nuts!